[WriteLog] laptop gave up the ghost-os question please

David Ashworth ahab at sonic.net
Sat Dec 1 17:57:54 EST 2007

Hello, greetings to all, hope this finds you well.

Not a gripe at all about Writelog.  I have an old HP laptop running ME that
decided to stop and do nothing else. It ate a drive and has a new one.  I am
not impressed with HP laptops. I have lots of blinking lights.  Lots of
blinking lights and no display or boot makes me want to change brands.  I
have a nice HP printer, I am crossing my fingers.

In a week, I am going up to the Sierra to give it a go in the 10 meter
contest.

Good that it failed before I go up.

So, tomorrow is Sunday and the specials come out.

Can Writelog run on the latest version of Bill's dream, Vista?

Do they still make laptops that have serial connectors?

I promise to give it a good freeze test,  as temps are below freezing where
I am going.

Any recommendations?

Best regards and happy holidays from Dave, NC6P in San Francisco