[WriteLog] Rig interface advice

hank k8dd hank.kohl at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 22:14:42 EST 2007

Here's my free advice.

If I were going to use my IC-746 and a laptop or PC with multiple USB
ports.....
Buy two USB to Serial (and maybe a spare) cables - all the same
brand/drivers.
First USB would be to a WinKeyer USB (or a WinKeyer Serial) to key the
radio.
Second USB would be to a CT-17 to talk to the radio.
Third USB (the spare) for PTT on the rigblaster /nomic on the rare occasion
that
would cause me to go digital.

Nice and simple and easy.  That's what I would do!
But I don't do much digital or SSB.

73    Hank    K8DD

If God intended you to be on single sideband,
he would have given you only one nostril.
- Steve, K2PTS (SK)
---