[WriteLog] Wave file info needed

Gary Senesac AL9A al9a at pobox.mtaonline.net
Thu Feb 8 00:54:36 EST 2007

Jim,

It sounds like you have somehow managed to ask WL to record wav files of a
contest to a bogus location.  Wav file recording of a contest is enabled
under Tools/Sound board options...  Check there to see if you have the
'Continuously Record Audio to file' button checked.  If so, WL is trying to
start audio recording wav files of the contest, but the path name that it is
using is no good.  Uncheck the box and do a Setup/Save Configuration to save
the change.  This should stop the error messages.  Now check to see if the
path name is messed up and needs to be corrected so that it will work
properly in the future for you.

WL puts contest audio recording wav files into a folder named AudioRecording
in the directory where WL is installed.  In my case it's C:\Program
Files\ham\AudioRecording.  Check to see if you have such a folder.  If not,
create one.  Then go into your WINDOWS\writelog.ini file and check the
[Configuration] section for the following line:

 RecordingLocation=c:\program files\ham\AudioRecording\

The path name may vary slightly in your case, but the recording path must
correctly point to the AudioRecording folder for WL to properly record
contest audio files.  By making sure the AudioRecording path name is correct
WL should properly create audio wav files of your contests for review post
contest should you decide to use that feature.  Good luck.

Gary AL9A