[WriteLog] Belkin F5U409 Question.

James M. Galm, W8WTS jim at w8wts.com
Wed Feb 14 13:29:33 EST 2007

I tried setting two stop bits in the port setup Windows dialog box, but it
didn't change anything.  I suspect that WriteLog manages to override the
windows dialog box settings, since using the windows dialog box to change
speed has no effect either.  Only the WriteLog ports setup speed changes the
actual port speed.  Since there is not way to adjust the number of stop bits
from the WriteLog ports setup panel, I don't know how to define the number
of stop bits in a way that would probably actually change them.

When I get a chance, I'll connect a logic analyzer to the WriteLog output
from both built-in and USB serial ports, to check the number of stop bits
being sent in each case.

73, Jim, W8WTS.