[WriteLog] Rcvd Cut Numbers

Dave W7DPW w7dpw at comcast.net
Mon Feb 19 14:11:36 EST 2007

I have always wondered just how to handle the CUT Numbers that are
received.  Should I  enter them as them are sent of convert then to full
numbers before I log them of edit them after I complete the contest and
befor I send in my log?

I can decode most of the ones I receive, but I am confused by "NN", does
that mean "99" ? and instead of using three digits for  "100" or cut
numbers for 100, they are sending "NN" ("99") to reduce the number of
digits from three to two ?

Some of the Non-Digit numbers received here in the ARRL-CW-DX contest
are :

KW
ATT
AOO