[WriteLog] [CQ-Contest] Contest Audio Files

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Tue Feb 27 14:53:05 EST 2007

Jamie, NS3T, wrote:

> Earlier this month, there was a thread about using recorded audio files
> in contests, something that I've done a lot of work on.  Several people
> urged me to post audio to show how it sounds.
>
> http://www.jdupree.com/ns3t.wav
> http://www.jdupree.com/ns3t-1.wav

Tnx for posting the .wav files...cool.

I do have two suggestions that will save precious time.  Multiply several thousand QSOs by the time saved and you'll be amazed at the *potential* added QSOs being left on the table.

1. RE: (Partial call) and "Give it to me again"

Change this and shorten to: "Again?)

2. "QRZ" (and your callsign) at the end of a QSO

Axe the "QRZ" ... it's completely unnecessary & is a time waster when running

Now, if we can get ALL Contesting Logging authors to provide for UN-limited SSB message capabilities (which CAN be done), Full Voice-Automation Contesting can be taken to an even higher level.

Pooh Pooh on those who have said, and still say, it can't be done ;-(

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust
SSB Voice-Automation Contest Advocate

c. WriteLog & NCCC Reflectors