[WriteLog] Com port availability/access

Don Cassel ve3xd at rogers.com
Wed Jul 11 18:41:40 EDT 2007

>From Writelog's Help.

WRITELOG.INI [Ports]
[Ports]
The settings from the Setup Ports dialog:

dvkport=2
dvktype=2
cwtype=3
cwport=1
AntRelayOnLpt3=YES,1
AntRelayonLPT1=YES
Comm1Used=CW,0

The COMn:= settings are used by the WriteLog Packet window and by the RTTY
window. There are separate COMn: settings in the [RIGS] section used only
for rigs.

COM1:=9800,n,8,1,
COM2:=4800,e,7,1,

There are 4 "slots" available for WriteLog rig interfacing. By default,
CommSlot1 is COM1:, but you can change that by changing the number on the
right of the equal sign. These settings are not used for RTTY or for packet

CommSlot1=1
CommSlot2=2

In this example, the third and fourth slots are on COM7 and COM8. COM15 is
as high as is supported.

CommSlot3=7
CommSlot4=8