[WriteLog] Recommended CW and Voice Keyer

Jamie Dupree NS3T ns3t at arrl.net
Fri Jul 13 10:39:55 EDT 2007

KI4MF asked:  Is there a WriteLog compatible keyer that does both CW and
voice?

Hank, you don't need a voice keyer to use recorded voice files with
Writelog.  Your
shack PC that runs Writelog will do the job just fine.  You can record your
files on the
computer and run a cable from your sound card to the rig.  I run mine right
to the
mic input, since I don't use a mic in contests.

As for setting up the macros, %C will sound out the call for you, but you
noted
that "it sounds terrible" using just single letters and numbers.

If you really want to do fully recorded contesting, then you will need to
record
hundreds of prefixes and suffixes and lots of full callsigns as well.  I've
been doing
that here-and-there for about four years now.  I have over 16,000 files on
my
computer.  As I always say on this reflector, this is not for everyone.

I have a web page about voice files with some examples of what it sounds
like at
http://www.radio-sport.net/NS3T_Voice_Files.htm   There is also a power
point
available with a basic overview.

Anyone interested in voice files, feel free to email me.

73 Jamie NS3T
http://www.radio-sport.net
Your home for ham radio contest news

KI4MF asked: