[WriteLog] HELP - Belkin F5U103 USB to Serial Adapter

KC4HW jimjohnson at alaweb.com
Mon Jul 16 21:30:19 EDT 2007

Trying to help a friend with a issue.  The computer is an XP machine.  Using Writelog 10.62H
with a Belkin USB Adapter, the AF4Z Multi-Modem to generate FSK.  The Multi-Modem is
setup as a Dumb Terminal.  Rig control is being accomplished via a serial port on the
computer.

This setup seems to be decoding just find.  However, It appears that when sending an f-keys
that it will often (not allways) shift the diddle one or two times and then unkey the transmitter.
It does display the f-key contents in the Rttyrite window but does not send it...  The Alt-K
function appears to be functioning correctly, but seemed that one or twice the transmitter
would unkey for some no reason before the ESC key is hit or the Alt-K again.

I guess I am just wondering if there is an entry that has to be in the writelog.ini file for this
USB adapter?

We are thinking about switching the RTTY setup to the comport port and putting the rig
control on the Belkin adapter.

Any help here!..  Thanks

Jim/KC4HW
http://www.AlabamaContestGroup.org