[WriteLog] Win XP

hank k8dd hank.kohl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 17:32:28 EDT 2007

The MicroHam looks neat, but ..... it's yet another box in the shack as I
see it ....

When we travel I use WinKey serial on a USB to serial cable and plug the
radio into either
a COM port or another USB to serial cable.
The laptop has a sound card if I get the urge to try RTTY or PSK.

At home I use a WinKey USB and plug the two radios into USB to serial
cables.
And the old Gateway has a sound card if I get the urge to try RTTY or PSK.

The K1EL keyers eliminate the need/worry about LPT or serial keying, are
easy to get
working, and fairly inexpensive.  And give you a speed pot!

If the "sound card modes" are really important then the MicroHam is the way
to go.

73    Hank    K8DD

If God intended you to be on single sideband,
he would have given you only one nostril.
- Steve, K2PTS (SK)
---