[WriteLog] %Z

J. Edward (Ed) Muns w0yk at msn.com
Tue Jul 24 20:20:28 EDT 2007

> One final comment on %Z.  I wish it would output the exact
> frequency down to 100 hz.  Is this possible?  When I'm on
> 14090.5 KHz, "14090" is sent instead of "14090.5".

Agree.  I've asked for that, too.

> What happened last weekend in NAQP is that most of the SO2R
> ops were hanging right on even frequencies resulting in many
> of us being on the same frequency quite often because we
> couldn't hear each other.

Yes, at least I tried to avoid frequencies such as xxxxx.8, because %Z
truncates rather than rounds.  But, having 100Hz resolution allows us to
exchange frequency information accurately enough.  Except for the
discrepancy between Mark frequency by FSK stations and suppressed carrier
frequency by AFSK stations.  But, when everyone uses the K3, FSK vs. AFSK
won't matter because the K3 dial frequency is always Mark frequency for
either one, if in data mode.

73,
Ed - W0YK