[WriteLog] Fw: Icom 706 voice keyer

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Tue Jun 5 13:06:07 EDT 2007

>> panel connections.  The first challenge is the ACC accessory socket.  On
>> the
>> 706 it is a 13 pin DIN connector.  I opted to purchase Icom's grossly
>> overpriced optional OPC-599 ACC conversion cable that splits the 13 pins
>> out
>> to two 7 pin DIN connectors called ACC1 and ACC2.  Much easier to find
>> matching 7 pin DINs than a 13 pin one.  Then check out the various pin
>> outs

No need to spend >$50 on that.  If you Google "13 pin DIN" one of the
first listings is Universal Radio.  They sell the 13 pin DIN plug
for $4.99 (#0954) or a plug with cable for $9.99 (#4893).  The
cable has bare wires on the other end.  You can put whatever you
want on that end.

Many car audio shops also have 13 pin DIN plugs and/or cables.
They are standard in the car stereo industry.

Rick N6RK