[WriteLog] Changing Default Folders

Dick-w0raa w0raa at comcast.net
Sat Jun 30 10:33:31 EDT 2007

You can set things up just about anyway you want.  I have my WriteLog files
installed in my Program Files folder.  I had an earlier version in a Folder
I called Ham_Radio, but when I upgraded to the new version, I wanted to
maintain that setup until I was sure the new version was going to work OK.
My layout tree looks like this:

Program Files
        +Writelog
              Contest
              DTA Files
            +Logs (In this folder I have several folders for different
contests
                        such as ANARTS, ARRL, CQWW, etc)
             Programs
             Wave Files

I can then load the Macro setup files from previous contests without having
to go through the pain of making all the macros from start.  When I save a
contest
I save it in a folder that is related to the contest I am in.  As an example
I would save
my CQ_WW_CW logs in the CQ contests folder under another folder labeled
CW_WW_CW.  That way I can easily find a contest, easily save it and not have
search and search, wondering where in the heck I save a particular contest.

I also use N1MM from time to time, but it doesn't allow me to follow the
same plan.
There are times when I wish it did.  But I guess it's not a perfect world.
I hope my
comments will offer some help.

See you in the next contest,  Ed.

73,