[WriteLog] Another documenation casualty command

Eric Rosenberg wd3q at starpower.net
Tue Mar 6 12:19:11 EST 2007

The split command is great, but I offer two caveats:

1.  The split only changes the frequency. It doesn't set the mode or any other parameter on my Orion. I was initially burned as I hadn't been using the "B" vfo and it was not set up. AARGH!

2. There is no equivalent I've found to claer or reset the split. Got burned again while S+Ping and forgot that the "B" vfo had control of the TX freq!

--> Is there a keystroke to reset the radio?

FWIW, thanks to the wizardry of NS3T, I've re-mapped most of the keystrokes to the keyboard (using WL's very powerful keyboard shortcuts tool), labeled the keycaps with (3/8") P-Touch labels and have an A/B switch for my contesting and conventional keyboards.

Works fabulously (thanks, Jamie).

73,
Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC