[WriteLog] How to Set Band Map Edges?

Dan Karg dkarg at ekarg.com
Tue Nov 20 16:06:13 EST 2007

 You will note that you can have multiple sub band files, by default there
are ones for USA - extra, advanced, and general. Each can have multiple
modes in them (cw/digital/phone). For the single mode contests I found it
useful to make files just for the modes, a cw file and a phone file setup
for the proper license class.  You can also put little holes in the bands,
for example in the phone file I have one for the 80m dx window and one for
the SSTV area on 20m. At least that reminds the operators not to call CQ in
those windows. This year I also took 3 khz off the edges (upper or lower
depending on the ssb mode). You can make as many files as you want and
select them with the sub band editor as to which one is currently used. If
you make changes to the sub band files you have to restart the WriteLog band
map window to see the changes.

Dan K0TI