[WriteLog] Writelog's Future

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Thu Nov 22 09:58:29 EST 2007

> We certainly could use a DigPan (or similar) plug in for PSK-31.
> Ideally, this would be integrated with WriteLog as elegantly
> as MMTTY is for RTTY.

Why don't you write the wrapper for MMVARI just as someone else
did for MMTTY many years ago?  MMVARI is available as an OCX and
only needs the appropriate interface for WriteLog to use is as a
"loadable TNC."

Writelog provides an excellent PSK31 decoder in RTTYrite which
works better than DigiPan or MMVARI exactly because it uses
narrow filters in the receiver rather than look at a 3 KHz chunk
of the band.  High performance PSK31 is absolutely impossible
with wideband decoders because one either has 'unwanted' signals
pumping the AGC or creating IMD in the receiver if the AGC is
disabled.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV