[WriteLog] Writelog's Future

Filip Poverud Filip.Poverud at ergogroup.no
Tue Nov 27 18:24:26 EST 2007

I would like to tell you about my self.

I'm 32 years old. Born in Poland, citizen of Norway.
Working as a Senior Consultant on CRM/MiddleWare solutions.
I have a strong developer bacground and my education is within technical
chemistry and microbiology.

---

One thing that I have observed is the fact that we face a hierarchy in
our real lifes.
We have one counterpartner, and ourselfes.

In this context, the WL context, we have the developer and the members
of the forum.
The members may be observed as actors with an interest in WL.
The developer is also an actor with interests in WL.

The challenge occurs when one part of the actors tend to find GUI as the
important factor for solving a usecase.
We have to ask: WHat is the purpose of WL.

In my humble opinion, the purpose is to efficiently log QSOs within a
contest.
For this purpose, I do not need GUI, ... I need efficient functionality.

Hence, I do not care about useless colors or cool toolbars.
As long as WL does the logging, I'm satisfied ... because it solves my
request, the usecase which is to log a QSO.
And this is solved perfectly.

---

If anyone want more diamonds ... pls. use another logger with all that
cool monkey crap.
Try to distinguish inbetween what you need and what you would like to
spam your computer with.

---

I don't say that Alec is a fool and I'm the master.
I only know by many years of experience while working with business
processes ... that the answer is not colors and fancy GUI ... but a
simple function that resolve the usecase of importance.

---

with Regards
Filip Poverud

73 de LB1UE