[WriteLog] Vista & Com Ports

K0BX k0bx at arrl.net
Fri Oct 12 19:52:55 EDT 2007

You wrote, "I made changes to the Writelog.ini file in C:Windows.

Vista does not allow changes to C:\windows.

You will find another copy of Writelog.ini in:

C:\Users\k0bx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\WriteLog.ini

This is the one that you need to change.
I believe you are doing to port thing correctly, just modifing the wrong
copy.

Joe K0BX

This is what I have in my Writelog.ini file

[PORTS]
dvktype=3
dvkport=4
cwtype=2
cwport=1
dvkstoploop=1
dvkechomic=1
CommSlot1=4
CommSlot2=5
CommSlot3=6
CommSlot4=7
Comm4Used=CW,POLL,53
Comm4RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm4XmitControl=ALWAYS
Comm6RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm6XmitControl=ALWAYS
CWPTTCONTROL=0
CWPTTDELAY=0