[WriteLog] DXD & LP

Eric Hilding b38 at hilding.com
Fri Oct 12 22:11:59 EDT 2007

Syl, VE5SX, wrote

>> Has anyone successfully used a DXD with Writelog? The DXD passes band

>> info

>> on to a band decoder. Is there any difficulty using a second parallel

>> port

>> to send band decoder info for the second radio with Writelog? Do all of

>> the

>> DXD features work properly? Is there a trial version of Writelog

>> available

>> for testing before purchase?

Not sure what you mean by "LP" in the Subject line, but "Yes".I use a DXD
with WriteLog and

have use of all the DXD features.  In fact, I added the footswitch mod to
the DXD that works great to better manage audio in SO2R.  Can't recall, but
I think the details were from a W4 & probably Dave at DXD HQ has the info.

HOWEVER, I have Elecraft KRC2 Band decoders, so come out of the computer
with a USB to (2) serial port adaptor, and then the RS-232 cables plug
directly into the 2 band decoders.  The band decoders then plug into the
radios via separateshort RS-232 connector'd end cables (I have Kenwood
radios, so there are no separate Band Data ports on the rigs)..  I think the
band decoder info port on the DXD is for a DXD band decoder, but not sure.

73.

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust