[WriteLog] MSI loader problems

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Sun Oct 21 13:34:58 EDT 2007

I have loaded up through 10.63 without trouble on all my WIN 2K machines,
but cant load anything past 10.61 oon my old Windows ME machine with getting
MSI errors.  I have downloaded the latest microsoft MSI loader.

When trying to get 10.63 loaded I get the error: Writelog MSI installation
from full 10.56 or later is not on this computer.  Use the old style,
non-MIS upgrade.  Meanwhile 10.61 FULL (the only FULL version I have) will
also not load and gives the message:
 The file writelog.msi must be unzipped with this setup.exe, but it is not
found.  Unzip the writelog.zip file into a temporary directory and then run
the resultintg setup.exe.    But, there is no zip file.  What I received for
a FULL was wl1061eFull-8w28a.exe -- no zip file.

All help appreciated.
Hal N4GG