[WriteLog] MMTY setup

w8jy w8jy at centurytel.net
Thu Aug 21 15:57:53 EDT 2008

I recently purchased the Writelog program.  So far, I like what I see, but I
am having some difficulties getting it set up.

I am using a MicroKeyer II, which has a great tutorial for setting up
Writelog to use this device.

I have the rig communicating with the program (why Vista buries the
writelog.ini file where it does is beyond me).

I have installed the MMTY program in the Writelog folder and run it.
According to the tutorial, MMTY should appear on the TU type menu - it does
not.

Obviously I am doing something wrong here - any suggestions?

I have used many contest loggers in the past - CT, WinTest, N1MM, and
Writelog seems to do a few things they won't.  Now if I can just get it set
up so I can run CW and RTTY contests, I will be happy.

Thanks,

Jess Young, W8JY