[WriteLog] Writelog under Linux Wine

Alan Marshall acm at ultranet.com
Fri Dec 12 10:27:09 EST 2008

I tried to do this a couple of years back with FC6 (if I remember which
version it was correctly).  I only got as far as having problems with
finding files after the install.  It did work partially but never got as far
as finding the com ports.

Things have changed greatly in Linux since then and the current Fedora 10 is
a good candidate for it.  WT6G (len at brasspounders.com) is in the process
of looking at doing just this too.  He and I run Linux and talk daily on
Echolink.  Hope you will keep us informed of any progress you make.  I
really would like to get off Windows.  The main reason to go to Linux would
be that is a MUCH better OS for real-time processes which would make the cw
generation much cleaner.  Glad to hear someone else has some interest in it
too. I have asked here a couple of times if anyone had tried it and had no
response to the requests.

    -Alan, W1CCE