[WriteLog] WriteLog for School Club Roundup

Mike Heideman mike_heideman at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 21 17:51:45 EST 2008

AA0YX wrote:
> Has anyone ever used WriteLog for School Club Roundup?  If so how did you do it?

Yes, I used it about 4 or 5 years ago at W6YX.  I set it up as a new contest and defined all of the received fields.  As I recall it took several attempts to get it set up because the exchange can include the school name which needs a very wide field.  The next problem was that I couldn't figure out how to create a log file for submission.  Probably an ADIF dump with some perl massaging would have done the trick, but I was just in SCR as a couple-hour warmup for a Sprint later in the same day so I never submitted it.

Recent efforts from W6YX have used the SCR-LOG program that was written specifically for the roundup.  A link to this logger is available from the ARRL rules page for the roundup: http://www.arrl.org/SCR/rules/

73,
-Mike, N7MH