[WriteLog] RTTY and FT1000 Mark V

Aldewey at aol.com Aldewey at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 14:45:59 EST 2008

I am helping a friend of mine get going on RTTY for the Roundup.  He has a
FT1000 Mark V like me.

He's not exactly sure which filter(s) he has.  He is pretty sure it is a
stock radio with nothing extra.  When using his radio in FSK mode, I notice that
it will not let me select the NAR1 filter in FSK mode.  However, in CW mode it
can be selected and appears to bring in a narrow filter.  Is this the proper
behavior of a stock MarkV or is there some Menu setting that needs to be set to
allow NAR1 to be selected in FSK mode?  I hate to have him run the RU with no
filtering beyond the 2.0 SSB one.

73,

Al, K0AD

PS - I have additonal filters installed so both the NAR1 and NAR2 filters
work in FSK on my Mark V.