[WriteLog] Color me "confused" abt ARRL Inter. DX Contest, CW

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Thu Feb 14 13:00:23 EST 2008

Since you are operating from your home QTH in the states you only work DX,
no other states or provinces.  The RCV field is where you enter the signal
report you receive from a DX station.  The PWR field is where you enter
their power level.  COUNTRY will be filled in for you by WL from the DX
stations prefix based on what is in the wl_cty.dat file.  The C field is
rarely used.  It is there for the occasional instance when a DX prefix could
potentially cover several 'countries' - think islands!  If that happens the
C field offers a choice of which possibility you wish to apply for the mult
on this station.  I don't know how you figure that out in the heat of
battle!

Since I'm in AK, I have to use to other module, ARRL DX Contest (outside
W/VE) since in this contest I am out of the US and considered DX.  My field
entries include CALL, RCV and QTH.  Why QTH instead of STATE is beyond me!
Gud luck in the contest.

73,
Gary AL9A