[WriteLog] Newe to CW Contesting

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at microham-usa.com
Sat Feb 16 10:08:38 EST 2008

> First, what in the world are some of the abbreviations used
> for power in the contest?  NN, NNN?

You are seeing "cut" numbers.  There is a large range of thought
concerning them.  However, for your purposes log what you hear.

  A = 1        B = 7
  U = 2        D = 8
  V = 3        N = 9
  E = 5        T = 0

> Next a general hardware problem.  Using MKII with latest WL.
> When shut down for the night all is well and have worked many
> hours.  Next morning when WL starts, PTT is engaged.  After
> several closing and openings of WL it fixes itself.

Check your Port settings to be sure K1EL WinKey is selected
for the "Keyer type."  Then make sure Router is set correctly
with no CW port selected (WinKey Only).  Don't forget to save
the settings in WriteLog.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV