[WriteLog] Monitor Size For WriteLog

Dave N6NZ n6nz at arrl.net
Sat Feb 16 20:11:59 EST 2008

Anthony(N2KI) wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> I am interested in getting your opinion on what size monitor, greater that a
> 15" square LCD, for use with WriteLog.

Humongous.  Big monitors are life changing.

 > I currently am using a 15".

That makes my head hurt just to think about.

> With
> the multiple windows that I display using WriteLog, it's getting very busy
> in a small area.

Tell you what I'd like to do... set up a system with a dual-head display
so that I could have two 20" monitors, and keep the mult map and
geoclock up on the second monitor.

> I suppose the basic question is whether to stay with a
> square monitor but of larger size (i.e. 20") or go with a 20" wide screen.
> Any one have any dealings with other than Tiger Direct?

Tiger Direct is a den of thieves.  Buy.com and NewEgg.com have always
treated me right.  Most of the time I shop locally -- Central Computer
(centralcomputer.com) -- I've never tried them mail order since I can
get to either the Santa Clara or Sunnyvale store in a few minutes.

73, Dave N6NZ