[WriteLog] (no subject)

Dale Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Sun Feb 24 12:40:59 EST 2008

When exporting your log as a cabrillo file, did you see a pop-up message box
asking you to "Use Contest Parameter Setup First"?  If so and you clicked
OK, the next pop-up entry box had a field for your name and for your SPC.
If you entered your full name--and not the name you used in the
contest--that may be why you are seeing your full name in the Cabrillo log.

I just did a test and that's where it gets the name for the sent name column
of the logsheet.

You might do another File/Export/Cabrillo file to see if those pop-up's will
reappear.  They didn't when I tried it.  But, I did manage to make them
re-appear only after creating a second naqprtty file, exporting a log with
it, then going back to the original and exporting to cabrillo file where the
pop-ups appeared again and this time I put in my first name only.  That
worked.

Or you might go into a good text editor (wordpad or TextPad) and do a
replace the full name with the name you used.  Be sure to include the right
number of spaces so the columns are aligned properly--your name should be in
column 42 and the received callsign in column 57.

E.g.,
QSO: 14192 RY 2008-02-23 1849 VE3IFS     Cy Stanway  ON KG5U    .....etc...
QSO: 14192 RY 2008-02-23 1849 VE3IFS     Cy          ON KG5U
73,
Dale, kg5u