[WriteLog] RE laptop WL installation before local summer expeditions

ve2lx ve2lx at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 29 22:47:53 EST 2008

With the help Alfred   KE1FO   and many other WL group members we completed the installation of WL on all 3 modes, ssb cw rtty.

But now I return to my laptop with same type of installation.

WL + mmtty + rigblaster and add a 2 com ports USB to SERIALadaptor box because my laptop (TOSHIBA satellite A-100 with four usb2 connector) is recent and has no serial comport.
I understand that laptop installation is different because of certain limitations.

I use 2 insulation transformers (on MIC input and SPKR - EARPHONE output.) (as suggested by Alfred on the secondary side I put stereo to mono adaptor ) to give a return line on the cct.(it worked immediatly on the PC.

( The 2 transformers are totally insulated from each other, On primary and secondary side it is stereo cable but as mention in WL manual only tips are connected and there is No electronic parts or accesories between wires on secondary...?

There is some problems I can't find.
I am almost shure my configurations.are OK.
CW mode works well on RX & TX and why not on other modes......?

On RTTY it work curiouly?
There is a PTT on rigblaster & radio from com port 7 ( CommSlot4=7 the port chosen during USB to serial installation ).
There is diddle audio sound on radio but the diddle sounds like an iddling diddle.
There is power output but the laptop freeze once the power was 10 watts max ( RF hum ,I am 3 feet farther the the pro3 from antenna ).
I removed the stereo to mono adaptor but no difference.
I seen for the first time a section I think is in MMTTY TX ( port txd-usb ) ( I do not find it anymore? ) ( in that section there was 5 choices to make referins to timing & poling...? )

SSB mode same thing and as it was before on the PC no audio output but the PTT stays on for the legth of the macro...?
My feeling is, it is about the same problem on the secondary side to give a ground or return path...? But what did I forget or made wrong...?

Is there someone familiar with complete laptop installations...?

ve2lx at sympatico.ca
Gilles   VE2LX