[WriteLog] Contesting with a Vertical

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Sun Jul 6 12:02:59 EDT 2008

At 01:47 AM 7/6/2008, AA5JJ wrote:
>.... I was on a freq and seeing a station calling
>CQ DL over and over and over and over and not getting any replaies or
>calls I was seeing other stations calling so I tried to make a contact
>with them but  I could not because the other station keep calling CQ DL
>over and over and over and over ...

The CQ'ing stations probably could not hear each other because of
propagation conditions. You just happened to be located where you
could hear both. Stuff like this happens!

If I am running and hear stations answering other stations on my
freq, I will usually look for a new spot, since I know I am being
unintentionaly QRM'ed by the station that I cannot hear at locations
I am trying to reach.

Jerry W4UK