[WriteLog] Keyer Control Suggestion

hank k8dd hank.kohl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 11:44:15 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard L. King" <k5na at ecpi.com>
> Hi Rick.
>
> I actually like the fact they are tied together in speed. But it
> would be OK if it would be optional to have dual speed controls.
>
> However if you run "PC Generates" instead of K1EL as your CW source
> for the WriteLog sending, the speed control on the MK2R+ is
> independent from the software. The result is exactly what you want to do.
>
> However, that opens another can of worms with CW timing and sending
> glitches. So I wouldn't suggest actually doing it.
>
> This is how I ran before Wayne fixed the K1EL support in WL10.66.
>
> Richard - K5NA

Although you could separate the keyer & "PC Generates" if you use the
Winkey2
(WinkeyerUSB), I still like them tied together too ..... When I used to run
CT and
a keyer in parallel the keyer speed was never where I wanted it to be!

Now I'd like to see support for Winkey2.  With SO2R Writelog should
switch keyer outputs on the Winkey2 when you switch radios from the logging
screen.
Add a "Use 2nd output" if 'K1EL Winkey2' is selected instead of  'K1EL
Winkey'

73    Hank    K8DD