[WriteLog] Re: PGP for dummies

Terry Conboy n6ry at arrl.net
Sat Jun 7 18:49:06 EDT 2008

I've gotten several responses that relate to the 13-digit
Registration Code that goes with my call to enable the operation of
WriteLog, which isn't what I was asking about.

Apparently, nobody bothers to use PGP to verify that the files on the
WriteLog site haven't been tampered with, as outlined in
http://www.writelog.com/pgp_signatures.htm

I got a response from K5DJ who says he isn't even sure that Wayne is
even using PGP anymore and to just download the installation file
.exe and not worry about it.  Chances are that's fine, but if so, why
not delete all the info on the web site and in the introductory
e-mail along with all the .sig file links so people don't waste hours
trying to get it to validate.

After investing the time, I'd still appreciate hearing from anyone
who HAS recently used PGP to validate the WL files.  I know, I'm just
another AR nerd engineer, so you don't need to remind me of that!

73, Terry N6RY