[WriteLog] [Dxbase] Adding info to the database

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Mon Mar 3 03:07:32 EST 2008

OK Pete, it looks like I erred on the type in a space instruction.  I just
imported my pathetic log from this weekends ARRL DX contest.  In the Power
field I clicked on the first blank field, from the first station worked in
the contest, then went to Edit/Replace.  When the Replace window opens the
'Find what' box has a solid blue rectangle box already in it.  I assume this
is a space?  Anyway, I just leave that as is and tab to the 'Replace with'
box and enter my power number and it works.

So, try going to the first record in your log with an empty Power field that
you know was in a contest you used your 1500W amp.  Click on the empty
field, then click on Edit/Replace.  The 'Find what' box should have a
highlighted blue box.  Just tab to 'Replace with', enter 1500 and click
Replace all.  It should work.  Mine just did.  By the way, I'm using
DXB2006.
73,
Gary AL9A