[WriteLog] CTY-1802 Contest Country Files - 18 March 2008 and VISTA

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Sat Mar 22 03:01:57 EDT 2008

Joe,

I did as you suggested, but the Convert CTY to WL utility did not prompt me
for the location of the wl_cty.dat file.  Instead I clicked on the Browse
button and manually pointed it to ...VirtualStore\Program
Files\WriteLog\Programs folder.  When I clicked on the wl_cty.dat file in
that location the utility ran with it immediately.  After running I started
WL and entered some calls from the latest 3/18/08 update wth the following
results.

9M6/N1UR Spratly, 1S comes up as East Malaysia
GB4MUU Wales, GW comes up as England
TO1C Martinique, FM comes up empty - no country at all!

This leads me to believe that the wl_cty.dat file still did not update
properly in WL.  I guess I'll wait a few days and try the web update from
the WL web site.  Hopefully they will have it updated before the WPX contest
next weekend.  Thanks for the reply.

73,
Gary AL9A