[WriteLog] CTY-1802 Contest Country Files - 18 March 2008 and VISTA

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Sat Mar 22 15:15:09 EDT 2008

Success at last!  Thanks guys, I finally got it to work by doing the
following:

1. At C:\Users\AL9A\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program
Files\WriteLog\Programs I deleted both the wl_cty.dat file that I had copied
there from the download AND the wl_cty.bin file.
2. At C:\Program Files\WriteLog\Programs I made sure the wl_cty.dat file was
the latest 3/18/08 update.
3. Started the Convert CTY to WriteLog utility, clicked on the "Convert
alternative prefix database..." button and pointed it to C:\Program
Files\WriteLog\Programs\wl_cty.dat to make sure it was looking in the right
folder.
4. Ran the Convert CTY to WriteLog utility.  When I checked at
C:\Users\AL9A\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\WriteLog\Programs a
new wl_cty.bin file created today was now present.
5. Started WL and checked the calls that I had tried before.  They all
worked correctly now.

I don't know why the convert utility didn't work right the first time, but
I've figured it out now!  Apparently deleting the old file was the key.
Thanks for the help.

73,
Gary AL9A