[WriteLog] Open WL log position

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Mon Mar 31 02:29:22 EDT 2008

I forgot to mention this earlier, but a while back someone wrote the
reflector to complain about WL's positioning of the log when restarting a
contest.  When restarted WL shows the log starting at the first record in
the log rather than the last record.  I think the author wanted a change
made to WL so that it opened at the last entry rather than having to scroll
down to the end.  There are two possible alternatives to quickly get to the
end of the log when it reopens.

First, work another station.  When you enter it into the log WL will jump to
that last entry in the log.

Second, press the up arrow key.  WL will jump around to the last record in
the log and open the Call edit window.  Hit Enter and the edit window will
close and the cursor will be in the Call field waiting for the next entry.

Similarly, if you are at the last record in the log and want to quickly get
back to the first record, hit the down arrow.  WL will jump to the first
record in the log with the edit Call window open.  Hit Enter and the edit
window closes leaving you at the first record in the log.

73,
Gary AL9A