[WriteLog] Fw: 7qp Dupe problem - TNX

James L. Cheatham southerner at centurytel.net
Tue May 13 02:36:23 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: James L. Cheatham
To: Jerry Bliss
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 1:21 AM
Subject: Re: 7qp Dupe problem - TNX

Jerry,

Sorry, I wasn't at the radio computer and at the time could not recall which field is was!

It was under the Contest;Exchange Format setup; call; then it shows blocks for what can be added!

On one Contest, maybe NEQSO, I had to go in and under "RCV" had to add a space so that Writelog would except the "CountyState" abrev. and also checked the "Dupe" block because Writelog was not checking for DUPE either.

Like I said, for this one time in the contest it worked and begin checking Dupes, but not the ones I had already recorded before the change.

If you look up the heading in Writelog help file, you will see that you can Edit QSO Exchange Fields. Also if like the 7QP Contest for the RCV field had to have at least five spaces in this field for it to record the StateCounty "RECV" field.
At first I thought that they had only four spaces in this field that made it drop the fifth char. in the "RECV" field.

But when I went to this area of the Writelog and changed these two fields under RCV and Dupe, it made no difference!

Jim, AF5P