[WriteLog] PTT locking up in CW ode

Rick Lindquist n1rl at earthlink.net
Fri May 23 01:03:01 EDT 2008

I'm having a problem trying to get WriteLog working in concert with my
RIGblaster Plus interface for CW mode. The program will generate CW, since I
can hear the CW hard keying the FSK in my PROIII if I have the rig in FSK
mode and WL in CW mode, but it's also locking the PTT on, and I cannot turn
it off.

Also, I don't seem to be able to key the radio at all when it's in CW mode
and WL is in CW mode. I thought all it needed was the correct connections
between the radio and the RIGblaster plus, but the box is turning on the PTT
line and holding it on.

The RIGblaster Plus box lets you send either FSK or CW, but you have to be
hooked for one mode or the other; it won't let you have connections for both
at the time.

I went back to MMTTY, and it sends RTTY just fine.

Anyone have any experience to share? I want to get on CW for the WPX this
weekend.

Rick Lindquist, WW3DE

NCJ Managing Editor

413-789-6394