[WriteLog] UPDATE - Winkey USB CW keyer and WL?

Charles Morrison cfmorris at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 12 12:17:14 EDT 2008

Jerry,

The only other anomaly that I see is the settings and how WL changes them.
Since WL initializes the keyer each time you start, and I haven't researched
if there's an ini file setting for defaults, some settings such as weighting
gets changed when you start.  I find that I have to manually set the
weighting each time I enter WL.  It then resets it back to the default WL
weighting upon exit, and not the units default settings.

So this leaves you with after exiting WL, either pulling the battery or
starting the Wkey2 Mgr program to recall the internal memory stored
parameters.

Other then that, if you use it for So2r, which Hank says works great, you
can use WL to switch between the 2 key/ptt ports on the back and run 2
separate rigs.

Excellent little CW keyer.

Charlie
KI5XP