[WriteLog] Problems in CQWW

pcooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Mon Sep 29 17:50:29 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Just curious, but I had two minor problems during CQWW.

First was with KG6DX. It correctly showed up as Guam when I entered the call in the entry field, but for some reason, the Headings box showed W6.
Where is this info stored?

Also, I worked K7AR, and when I entered the callsign, it showed up as Alaska!
As he sent 599 03 WA, he was in the USA, and not in Alaska.
I ended up entering the call as K7EAR, and amending it after the contest.
I did try looking at the help files, as I am sure there IS a way to change the assigned country "on the fly", but I could not find it.
I also presumed that K7AR must be listed in the "country files" somewhere, but I didn't really want to go editing that during the contest!

So, any thoughts on these two oddities?

73 de Phil GU0SUP