[WriteLog] Microkeyer II install

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Thu Apr 9 11:16:28 PDT 2009

The USPS just delivered a new toy yesterday, a Microkeyer II - no more CW
stuttering for me!

Before I get started with the hook up (and yes I intend to read the
documentation!) I have a question about my writelog.ini file.  I currently
have a Rigblaster Plus as my computer to radio interface using Comm1 for CW
keying and Comm2 for rig control.  My [PORTS] section is as follows:

[PORTS]
dvktype=3
dvkport=4
cwtype=2
cwport=1
dvkstoploop=1
dvkechomic=2
Comm1RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm1XmitControl=NEVER
Comm2RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm2XmitControl=NEVER
CWPTTCONTROL=2
CWPTTDELAY=5
Comm1Used=CW,POLL,34
Comm2Used=USED,POLL,34

After I install the Microkeyer II router and make all the hook up
connections, what happens to the writelog.ini file when I start WL?  Will
the software sense the new hardware and make appropriated entries in the ini
file?  Should I rename my ini file as something else and let WL create a
whole new one on startup?  I have many optional settings in the ini file and
it would be a pain to edit a newly created ini file to have all these
optional settings.  Any one with Microkeyer II experience that could provide
some insight?  Oh, another confusing issue is I'm running under Vista -
anything to look out for there?

73,
Gary AL9A