[WriteLog] Connecting FT-897 to Amplifier

Noel Zeibari n3nz at rcn.com
Tue Aug 18 14:12:56 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I contacted Yaesu’s Tech help center for the problem am

Having, they told me:”I can’t use the CAT interface and an Ameritron Amplifier at the same time”. To use the Ameritron I have to disconnect the CAT cable and hook the RELAY plug only to the Amplifier Without the ALC plug, or get the VL-1000 solid state

Amplifier and follow the instructions on page 10 of the manual.

I spent hours reading the manual, there is no Menu to activate the RELAY like the Kenwood rigs.

For the time being, I’ll be using the rig bare foot with the CAT interface.

Thank you all for trying to help. Learn something every day!

73, Noel (OM) N3NZ