[WriteLog] Laptops and WL

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Sun Aug 23 20:33:27 PDT 2009

I'm running WL on a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop with Vista Home Premium.  The
built in sound card worked ok with WL, but did not register the 7F score.  I
don't recall what it was at the moment.  Biggest problems were I couldn't
get record-on-the-fly to work reliably and on CW there was the continuing
problem of Windows processes running in the background that would cause CW
distortion on send.  Finally bit the bullet and opted to spring for the
microKEYER II and glad I did.  Absolutely great USB interface, does
record-on-the-fly, no CW distortion on send, has its own internal memories
for CW, RTTY and SSB, etc..  Only problems at the moment stem from the way
Vista insists on controlling all the sound devices and mucking up the job!

73,
Gary AL9A