[WriteLog] Writelog, MMTTY and Byterunner problems

WG0M at aol.com WG0M at aol.com
Mon Aug 24 03:40:58 PDT 2009

Bob:
I thought I would give you an update.  After spending about 20 hours  on my
problem, I am no closer to the solution than when I started.  Well,  that
is not quite true.

I have MMTTY working, marginally.

All wiring is correct per all who helped out.  MMTTY does key the  rigs.
The sound cards are working indicated by the display I see.

Problem is the transmitted message is not working consistently. I have
Byterunner 4 comm port card installed.  What is interesting is when I  connect
a rig Byterunner card, the transmitted message is messed up.  When  I
connect to a computer comm port all is well.

I have two Byterunner cards as well as another computer running same
operation system (W98SE).  I observed same on both boxes.

Keep in mind things used to work just fine before.  I think I might  have
an issue with the Byterunner card drivers.  Understand that the card  is used
both on WL and TR, which requires DOS.

I have and will research again the net for drivers.

I will also send a note to WL and MMTTY reflector to see if I can get any
help there as well

Mike WG0M