[WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 84, Issue 18

K0CF k0cf at mchsi.com
Sat Dec 19 13:49:46 PST 2009

Wayne,

I use WriteLog successfully with the Icom IC-7600. There are two
solutions to your problem:

1. Edit the CIV address of the IC-7600 in the "Others" menu (clear
down near the bottom) in the 7600 to make it look like an IC-756PRO3;

2. Edit the writelog.ini file to change the CIV address there. This
is the option I use.  If you do this, find the "[RIGS]" section of
the ini file and add the following line:
    [RIGS]
    Icom IC-756PRO3=0x7A

(0x7A is the default CIV address for the IC-7600. Note that if you are
using either Windows Vista or 7, the writelog.ini file you must edit
is in the "virtual store" under your user name, NOT in the Windows
folder. If you need more info on this, either search the archives or
email me directly.)

After adding the Icom... line to writelog.ini, choose the IC-756PRO3
as your rig in the WriteLog "Ports" menu, set the baud rates in both
the IC-7600 and WriteLog to match (do not use "auto"). I use 19200
baud.

Note that in the "Ports" setup dialog, you can click on the "Help"
button to learn about all the settings. Also, in the search pane at
the left side of the help window, you can double-click the "[RIGS]"
section to learn all about the settings in this section of the ini
file.

Works like a charm!

73,
Craig, K0CF