[WriteLog] WPX Scoring Issue

Rob k6rb at baymoon.com
Sun Feb 15 10:08:08 EST 2009

Here's W0YK's explanation. The scoring is correct. The rules had a mistake:

Hi, Richard.  WriteLog, and other loggers, are scoring correctly.  A typo
crept into the 2009 WPX RTTY rules when I was trying to converge them to the
CW/SSB rules where the specific rule intent was the same.  In the case of
RTTY, a basic difference is that US states and VE areas are mults just like
countries are mults in Europe.  So, the low-band point differential follows.

You and Susan are on my list for reviewing the next rules before publishing,
hi!

Ed - P49X (W0YK)

Rob K6RB