[WriteLog] New computer system error

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Sat Feb 28 13:41:42 PST 2009

Just moved to a quad core computer and am having problems with the
motherboard audio. When Writelog loads it generates 3 consecutive errors as
follows:

Unexpected: Failed to create sound board object:0,80004002. After clicking
OK each time, Writelog then runs and seems to operate properly, except for
no mic or voice keying the rig.

I also have Windows Sound Recorder giving an out of memory message after
trying to record. I do see some modulation in Sound Recorder.

I'm going to be calling tech support of the computer vendor Monday morning,
but if anyone knows what this means it might be useful in solving the
problem.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT