[WriteLog] CQWW 160 contest logging changes

Barry Merrill barry at mxg.com
Tue Jan 13 17:26:32 EST 2009

Yes, it does expect/accept the zone in QTH for DX stations,
and it populates both Zone and Country for DX Calls.

And it won't let you type in a zone number for a USA/Canadian
Callsign, nor can you type in a State/Province for a DX Call;
you get FIELD QTH IS UNKNOWN and you cannot SAVE that QSO.,

For DX stations, when you go to create the Cabrillo file,
you'll get prompted to
"Fill in Contest Parameter Setup First",
and the next window has
State/Province/Counntry
and it accepted EIRE or ENGL instead of demanding a zone.
And it put EIRE in the Cabrillo file, where my zone should
be, so I'm sure my log would be kicked out by the robot.

(But it won't accept more than four typed characters)

But since the State/Province/Country window is presented prior
to the CALL SIGN USED, WriteLog can not know that my location
was DX rather than USA/Canada.

So the bottom line is that it does work, nearly as advertised,
but DX Stations need to reply with ZONE to the Country prompt.

73

See y'all there.

Barry, EI/W5GN