[WriteLog] Writelog + skimmer

Jeff Maass jmaass at k8nd.com
Wed Jan 14 12:49:15 EST 2009

> Hi
>
> have anyone tried cw skimmer and writelog? what
> is the setup between the two programs?
>
> I have a friend who asked me for help, but I
> am not into the use of cw skimmer since I use
> the radio :)
>
> 73s LA6FJA

The current version of Writelog (10.69d) includes
a new packet window for Skimmer, to allow connecting
to a packetcluster *and* a Skimmer simultaneously.

For Skimmer: "Window -> Incoming-only Packet..."
For Cluster: "Window-> Packet Window"

Point the first to your CW Skimmer telnet server,
and the other to a Packetcluster node. Spots from
both are combined and show up on the bandmap and
in the Multiplier Window.

I've tested it here - works great!

73,  Jeff   K8ND