[WriteLog] Help with Spotting Please

Mack mccormick_mack at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 18 14:58:30 EST 2009

I'm a relatively new WriteLog user having only used it in about six contests (CW and Phone). I never could figure out how to do RTTY and had to switch to DM780.

In the most recent NAQP SSB contest I'm confused on how to make my spots from VE7CC more effective. Here's what I like. I'd like to have any spot for a state that I haven't worked notify me in WriteLog. How would I configure WriteLog to do this?

By comparison in N3FJP any spot for a state that hasn't been worked is highlighted on the "state" map plus you can turn on an optional audio alert. This is very useful.

Thanks for any tips on this or other means to make my spots more effective. I'm a casual contester with limited time so I try to maximize my time on the air with spots.

73,

Mack
WB4MAK